Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd;
Just buy me some peanuts baseball shorts and Cracker Jacks,
I don’t care if I never get back.
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don’t win, it’s a shame.
For it’s one, two, three strikes, you’re out,
At the old ball game.
Spring is in full swing and there is perhaps no better activity than heading to the ballpark, grabbing a few hotdogs, and watching the home team – Go Orioles! It’s the perfect way to spend a cool spring evening. But before you head out, it is important to make sure you look the part. And while most fans focus on the hat and the jersey, diehard fans know there is more to a great outfit than what is above your waist.
Baseball shorts from Sandlot Swag compliment any baseball fan’s attire.
The Perfect Baseball Shorts to Enjoy the Perfect Game
Our Take Me Out to the Ballgame baseball shorts encompass the best the game has to offer: popcorn, pretzels, cotton candy, and Cracker Jacks, and fun! These shorts display all of your ballgame favorites. All of our baseball shorts are made of polyester and designed with an elastic waistband, drawstring, side seam, slit pockets and have an inseam of approximately 8 inches. We also use a sublimation process in which the designs are dyed directly into the fabric, meaning the design will not wear away over time.
These shorts are available in youth small, youth medium, youth large, youth extra-large, and adult medium, large, extra-large and double extra-large.
The History of Baseball
The origins of the game of baseball are shrouded in mystery, with several popular creation stories. And while most people credit Abner Doubleday with the invention of the game in 1839, there are earlier known mentions of ball in the United States, including a 1792 law banning the game from being played with 80 yards of the Pittsfield, Massachusetts town meeting house.
The rest of baseball’s timeline is a little more clear.
- 1845 – Alexander Joy Cartwright develops the rules of baseball.
- 1846 – The first recorded baseball contest took place between Cartwright’s Knickerbockers and the New York Baseball Club.
- 1857 – A convention of amateur teams was called to discuss rules and other issues.
- 1858 – The National Association of Base Ball Players was formed.
- 1869 – The Cincinnati Red Stockings became the first completely professional team.
- 1871 – The National Association of Professional Base Ball Players became the first professional baseball league. The Chicago Cubs and Atlanta Braves franchises trace their histories back to this league.
Today, America’s favorite pastime is sweeping the globe and growing in popularity.
What More Swag?
Click Here to view our full line of baseball shorts. We also offer custom shorts, perfect for travel teams, school and sports team fundraisers, slow pitch softball teams, flag football teams, and more!
Are You Ready to Rock the Swag?
Source: Magento Import